PLEASE DONATE HERE - Alejandro Torres, 20 year old activist, was arrested during a protest on Nov. 14th in Pasadena CA. While passing out fliers denoting the Human Rights abuses committed against indigenous communities by ex-Mexican President Vicente Fox, who was speaking at a ‘distinguished speaker series’. During the event, protestors outside were attacked by police. During the attack, 6 protestors were arrested and falsely given charges, such as: ‘inciting a riot’, ‘resisting arrest’ and ‘assault on officer’. Alex was one of those arrested, who some are affectionately calling, the Foxy 6.
After a month of requesting hearings and being denied bail reduction, Alex is still being held in a maximum security jail until the group court date of Jan 17th. This week, we were able to secure an agreement of 3,000 for his immediate release. Unless we collectively bail him out, Alex will be spending Christmas in jail without any conviction! We say end the criminalisation of activists! Free the political prisoner!
Please donate anything you can! Truly wish Alex a Merry Christmas!
6 Notes/ Hide
- secretmeetingsociety reblogged this from thewanderingbarricade
- vivpaints likes this
- occupyla reblogged this from thewanderingbarricade
- antidelusions reblogged this from thewanderingbarricade
- onresistance reblogged this from oriacollective
- oriacollective reblogged this from thewanderingbarricade
- thewanderingbarricade posted this